Is Psychology Right for You?
The problem with most college students is that they do not know what course suits their interests and capabilities. If you are a high school student planning to major in Psychology, a college student wondering whether to shift to Psychology, or a Psychology undergraduate student hesitating about your course, go through the profile of a Psychologist below and check the statements that apply to you (Yes/No).
The Psychology Student: Questions
- I like to think about why people do what they do.
- I like reading about recent findings in Psychology.
- I am very open to claims about the causes of behavior, whether or not they are backed up by scientific evidence.
- I don't like Statistics and I don't think it is helpful at all in studying Psychology.
- I believe that Human Behavior can be explained in different perspectives.
- I would like to conduct psychological research.
- I rarely listen to my friends' problems, and they seldom approach me too.
- I get frustrated when I don't get the right answers.
- I am very careful with details.
- I like to solve problems.
- I don't usually share what I know.
- I don't see myself working as a Psychologist.
The Psychology Student: Scoring
Give yourself 1 point for each item if you answered "Yes" to items # 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 & 10, and "No" to items # 3, 4, 7, 8, 11 & 12. The higher the point, the higher the likelihood that you'll find satisfaction is studying Psychology. Although the test is only a rough estimate of the probability that you'll enjoy Psychology, it gives you a basic overview of what interests or characterizes Psychologists. (Kindly state to the comment section below on how much you scored.)
Featured Articles (Miscellaneous)
- Can Humans Be Truly Altruistic?
- Is Psychology Right for You?
- List of Contemporary Psychologists and Their Field of Expertise
- Is Psychology Value-Free?
- How Can Writing Improve Your Health?
- What About His Brain and Her Brain?
- What Is the Human Genome Project?
- Do Parents Matter?
- How to Develop a Positive Identity?
- How to Love Your Ears
- Should We Believe Psychics?
- How to Get More Sleep, If You Need It
- Using Hypnosis in the Legal System
- Should Parents Use Corporal Punishment?
- How Does Sesame Street Incorporate Observational Learning?
- What to Look For In An Idol?
- Are You Using Good Memory and Study Strategies?
- What is the Problem with Recovered Memories and False Memories?
- How to Think Critically like a Psychologist?
- Is Bilingual Education Good or Bad?
- Is There Really a General Intelligence?
- How Creative Are You?