Frequently Asked Questions
- Which automatic thoughts have been identified and studied by psychologists?
- Do these thoughts lead to panic attacks? How?
- Can these thoughts contribute to the development of worrisome behavior?
- Can they be changed or modified? If so, how?
- Can these thoughts be reduced by means of employing cognitive monitoring techniques? How effective are these techniques in reducing the frequency and intensity of such thoughts?
- How do psychologists identify whether a thought is automatic or not? How do people who utilize cognitive monitoring techniques identify whether their thoughts are already automatic and that they should start working on preventing escalation to panic or worry?
- What are the limitations of identifying such thoughts? What difficulties are commonly faced?
- When can these thoughts turn out to be negative?