What are Attitudes?
- Beliefs or opinions about people, objects, and ideas (Santrock, 2003)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do psychologists study about attitudes? In what ways do they measure them? What have they already learned about them?
- What is cognitive dissonance, and how does it relate to people's attitudes?
- What is the definition of attitudes?
- What are the various health effects?
- What is its impact on our physical health?
- How does nature and nurture perspectives explain their formation and manifestation?
- How do they relate to "persuasion"? Do certain attitudes put a person at risk for vulnerability, that is, easily persuaded, and therefore, easily fooled? Do certain attitudes also promote exceptional persuasive abilities in some people? Can people learn to change their attitude to become more persuasive? Does this have any value in the workplace?