Frequently Asked Questions
- Which topics and subjects in Psychology are Asian Americans usually studied for? Which Asian countries do they usually belong?
- What is the nature of social collectivity among them?
- How common is depression? What are usual features? Are they expressed differently from other ethnicities?
- How common is schizophrenia? What is usual age of onset?
- How common are somatoform disorders? Is their ethnicity a possible risk factor?
- Do they tend to commit suicide? If so, what are the usual reasons? Are their reasons significantly different from those of other ethnicities?
- Which psychological syndromes are specifically bounded in their culture?
- Do they experience diagnostic bias on mental disorders? In what circumstances? What are possible reasons? In which mental disorders does it usually occur?
- Which treatments are found to be effective on them?