Are You Using Good Memory and Study Strategies?
Evaluating How Well You Remember and Study
Most college students don't know how well and how bad they study. Considering the number of academic loads college students have, it is recommended to seek appropriate measures to improve study strategies. But how would you know where to improve on if you don't know where you're lacking? Take this test and find out.
Rate the following items as 1 (never), 2 (some), 3 (moderate), 4 (often), and 5 (always), as they relate to you.
- I'm a good time manager.
- I'm good at focusing my attention and minimizing distractions.
- I try to understand what I'm _studying about rather than rotely memorize it.
- I ask myself good questions about what I'm reading and during class activities.
- I take good notes from class lectures and from the _textbooks I read.
- I review my notes regularly.
- I use effective mnemonics when trying to memorize a list of words or facts.
- I organize the material in memory as I read it and even after I read it.
- I spread out my study time and allot some time to consolidate what I've learned.
- I use good retrieval cues during tests when trying to remember what I've studied before.
- I preview, read, write, reflect on, and review the material, or I use a similar study system to learn.
If you score 50-55, you practice good memory and study strategies. Hurray to you! If you score 45-49, you have reasonably good memory and study strategies. Anything below 45 means that you have to invest time to improve your memory and study strategies.
Featured Articles (Miscellaneous)
- Can Humans Be Truly Altruistic?
- Is Psychology Right for You?
- List of Contemporary Psychologists and Their Field of Expertise
- Is Psychology Value-Free?
- How Can Writing Improve Your Health?
- What About His Brain and Her Brain?
- What Is the Human Genome Project?
- Do Parents Matter?
- How to Develop a Positive Identity?
- How to Love Your Ears
- Should We Believe Psychics?
- How to Get More Sleep, If You Need It
- Using Hypnosis in the Legal System
- Should Parents Use Corporal Punishment?
- How Does Sesame Street Incorporate Observational Learning?
- What to Look For In An Idol?
- Are You Using Good Memory and Study Strategies?
- What is the Problem with Recovered Memories and False Memories?
- How to Think Critically like a Psychologist?
- Is Bilingual Education Good or Bad?
- Is There Really a General Intelligence?
- How Creative Are You?