What are Amphetamines?
- A drug that produces a psychologically stimulating and energizing effect (Butcher, Mineka & Hooley, 2004)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens when people abuse it?
- Can you give one example of it?
- Is it considered a stimulant or depressant?
- What are the different types?
- Do schizophrenics benefit from the use of it? Or can it increase the risk for the development of schizophrenia?
- Do amphetamines increase hyperactive behavior among ADHD patients?
- How do they affect the level of dopamine in the brain?
- What are the effects of amphetamine abuse?
- What are the general effects of amphetamine use?
- What are the available treatments for amphetamine abuse? What are the corresponding outcomes of those treatments?