Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the different alcohol-use disorders?
- Can controlled drinking prevent the development of alcohol-use disorders?
- Does dementia occur along with these disorders? If not all, which ones?
- How prevalent is fetal alcohol syndrome among children of pregnant women who have these disorders?
- What are the prevailing personality characteristics of people diagnosed with these disorders?
- How common is relapse? How does relapse among the different kinds of alcohol-use disorders?
- Is suicide out of the picture? Which of the disorders tend to occur and end with suicide?
- What does the behavioral view reveal about them?
- How about biological explanations?
- What are the common characteristics of these disorders?
- What cultural issues arise from identifying, to diagnosing, and treating alcohol-use disorders?
- How prevalent are these disorders?
- What does the psychodynamic view reveal about them?
- How about sociocultural explanations of these disorders?
- How can these disorders be treated?