Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are the African Americans? What was the history behind their ethnicity?
- How prevalent are cognitive disorders among them? Does their ethnicity have any relation to the nature or the cause of these disorders?
- How common are eating disorders? Are there risk factors associated with their ethnicity?
- Is hypertension rare among African Americans? Why or why not?
- What are the issues associated with the administration and content of intelligence tests among African Americans?
- Are they more resilient or vulnerable from having PTSD compared to other ethnicities?
- What is the prevalence of schizophrenia?
- Do they also experience sudden death?
- What is the nature of suicide within their ethnicity?
- How common is violence among African Americans?
- What psychosocial risk factors associated with their ethnicity contribute to incidence of eating disorders?
- Is psychotherapy more effective if customized for African Americans?
- Does their lifestyle contribute to the rate of incidence of hypertension?
- Do psychologists tend to overpathologize African Americans compared to other ethnicities? To what extent does the criticism span?