What is Adrenocorticotropic Hormone?
- Activates the adrenal cortex to secrete corticoid hormones (Greenberg, 2008)
Frequently Asked Questions
- When was the abbreviation for adrenocorticotropic hormone first used?
- What are the functions of the hormone in the body?
- When was it first discovered?
- How does the hormone affect our psychological states, or even cause the development of certain mental disorders?
- What is the main function of this hormone?
- What is the role of ACTH in anxiety? Do high levels cause anxiety, or vice versa?
- How does the body regulate the hormone when responding to stress?
- Can the hormone be administered to treat unipolar mood disorders? How?